- 9 zebras weight same as 4 yaks, 8 yaks weigh same as 15 xantus, 10 xantus weigh same as 27 wolves. How many wolves weigh the same as 4 zebras?
- On a 200m circular race track in your school yard, Bruce and Anant are competing in a race, a long 10KM race. Bruce runs at the speed of 5m/sec and Anant runs at the speed of 4m/sec. How many meters has Anant run when they meet for the first time? Second time? (Both of them are running in the same direction and start at the same time.)
- Aditya and Mark smuggled 72 candies for their trip to the Arrowhead camp. Aditya being scared of getting caught, gives half of his candies to Mark, and since he is still very very scared, he gives in addition 12 more. Mark is thrilled - he has now become the Candy King, he has three times more than what Aditya is left with. How many candies each of Aditya and Mark had to begin with?
- 3/4 of 30 is same as 9/10th of what number?
- Radhika buys her favourite sandal for a discount of 20%. Raju, while strolling in Bayshore, spots the same sandal in two different stores. The one is selling it at an additional discount of 20% on what Radhika paid, the other store is selling it at a discount of 37% at the original price. Which deal is better for Raju?
- Two twins, Dharmesh and Prince, have a birthday on Feb 29th. Geeta, his mentor, decided to give Dharmesh $1 on Feb 1, $2 on Feb 2, $3 on Feb 3, ..., $29 on Feb 29th as the B'day gift. Remo, Prince's mentor, decided to give him $20 everyday from Feb 1 to Feb 29th as his B'day gift. Who had a better present?
- Today's geometric construction - we will draw a parallelogram whose sides are 6cm long, angle is 45-degrees. What is its area?
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Sunday June 20, 2010
This is the last week of the school for the kids, and after this week we will take a break for about 7 weeks - as all of us are travelling to different parts of the world.